Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

One Month Into the School Year (already!)

School has officially been in session for four weeks as of today.  I can't believe it has been that long already!  This year has started off to a pretty decent start.  We've had a ton of new stuff thrown at us this year, but the teachers in my school are doing their very best to keep up with it all.  In addition to new requirements from our district AND implementing Common Core along with our state standards this year, I also have added a new class to my roster.  I am now teaching Geometry in addition to 8th Grade math and Algebra 1.

Geometry...so far I am LOVING it.  When you teach geometry to 8th graders you get to spend time with some SUPER brainiac kids with BIG personalities.  We laugh way too much, but it's all in good fun - and they are still learning!   This year I am trying something new with my classes for notes, and so far Geometry has gotten to do some neat notes.  I have taken the whole "interactive notebook" idea and merged it with my old style of notes and have created the Math Folder.  My students take notes in a variety of ways now.  Sometimes its just good-old-fashioned notes, other times we glue in foldables, and sometimes I let them glue in guided notes with lots of blanks and space for practice.  It seems to be working really well so far, so I'm going to keep it up.  Here are some examples of things I have done with my Geometry students so far.

This was a great way to review angle relationships from last year.  I originally saw the idea here.

I made these glue-in pages to help my students learn about patterns - especially the tricky vocab!  I haven't used these pages yet, but they are up for next Tuesday.



I'm really enjoying this year with all of my classes - I hope it stays this great!

9 comments:

  1. Couldn't be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Tampa Tutoring Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great inspiring article.Tallahassee Tutoring I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.Private tutor Park Slope Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Private tutor Far hills Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. Private tutor Tribeca We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting! I really like what you've acquired here; You should keep it up forever!Private tutor Squirrel Hill North Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, this is in every respect what I need to know. Thank you, Private tutor of Gladwyne it's very interesting. I wish you all the best and every success in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.High School in Miami, Fl Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like an educational blog which always some new information to visitors Private School in Cutler Bay, Fl and Enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    ReplyDelete